Monday, August 12, 2013

37. 104

so clay and jack and mandy and I
and hazel and townes and dali, the pups,
drove up and down
into the hill country
to watch the Persiods shoot across
our sky, 2:17AM, Monday morning

every 1 talked as
I tried to count them all
gasping a number to myself every now
and 8 then;
they talked about some weird 11 drug
they took called BK, at a 23 party
the night before and what a
31 meteor shower was actually
about and what they 42 thought about
jacks hot roommate

and it was 50 frustrating
everyone shutting up to listen
when the boys were talking
because 57 they're boys
and when mandy was talking
because she's a total 69 babe
but no one would shut up and listen
when I had 73 interesting things to say,
just because

so I smoked a 79 cigarette
which knotted my stomach up
so I drank more white 88 wine
and just shut up

I didn't figure I would get all the way up to 93
and that's about when I stopped really
counting stars aloud
and everyone kinda slowly shut up

and 104 coyotes
were shrieking in the distance
screaming like terrified young girls
which I said aloud
but jack said they were just laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment